I'm Working With God

Brought to you by JCS Promotions (918) 453-9581



Make Money



A newsletter for the beginning Internet Marketer

Name:
Location: Tahlequah, Oklahoma, United States

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

RANDY TRAVIS CONCERT

Last month I was looking through some of the articles I had downloaded off of the internet and I started reading the article named: "Why We Should Not Wait On God Before We Pursue Our Dreams" by Daniel N. Brown. I was really inspired to go after my dream of promoting concerts. I mean, all my life I've been interested in promotiong events. As a child, playing with my Hot Wheels race cars, I used to dream about having races between all the neighborhood kids who had Hot Wheels or Matchbox cars. As I got older and started dreaming about full size race cars I figured out that my ultimate dream would be to own and operate a super speedway. But then as reality hit me, I decided that I had better start off with something I can handle, i.e. a local race track, but I found out that I first needed money to reach that dream. Then I had the idea of starting a 'fund raiser' promotion business and I started promoting bicycle races in El Paso, Tx.
My first event was "THE SONIC DASH." It was a 15 mile roundtrip race down the main street between Canutillo Texas and Anthony New Mexico. I learned alot from that fund raiser, I didn't make any money but what I learned was well worth what I spent. I did "THE SONIC DASH" for three more years, each year I learned a little more about the rigors of the promotion game but most of all I figured that I was making a name for myself. But with each year the County Commissioners and the State Highway Department kept adding on more and more fees and red tape that I had to pay and follow thier regulations making that fund raiser more like a fund loser for me.
Then in 1989 I noticed that there were all kinds of festivals and fairs gooing on in the El Paso/Las Cruces area and I had the bright idea that this is something I can make "REAL MONEY" doing, so....I took the chance and I spent all the money I had saved plus money I borrowed from a freind. I ended up losing somewhere between $5,000 and $10,000, I lost a car my father let me use as collateral on a loan from a friend, and hardest to take I lost a friend. I say it's hardest because I survived without the money, my dad survived minus the El Comino; but loosing the trust and friendship of Patrick Pickett still bothers me. Also, I was working so hard at making a name for myself that having that set back really hurt. I had to get a real job after that, no more chasing my dream.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home