I'm Working With God

Brought to you by JCS Promotions (918) 453-9581



Make Money



A newsletter for the beginning Internet Marketer

Name:
Location: Tahlequah, Oklahoma, United States

Friday, January 05, 2007

CINCO de MAYO Chili Cookoff & Concert

May 5 2007



NOV. 27, 2006 - I was praying, asking for guidance concerning what I should be doing with my life and I got the idea that I need to follow through with my idea of promoting a concert here in Tahlequah. So I started coming up with ideas on how I can make it work. Since I have been wanting to help get Letha started into a music career I decided to contact CO3 and Letha, both. And since I have a detailed 14 week concert plan and the rally has been moved to the fall, then a good date for this concert would be May Fifth since the money raised will be benefiting the flood victims in Juarez Mexico and the 5th of May is a holiday in Mexico.

DEC. 3 2006 – Today, as I asked the Lord to guide me and show me the steps I need to take to make this concert idea work, I also read chapter 6 of Steven Scott’s The Richest Man Who Ever Lived. This chapter is about the importance of partnering. Partnering is not only having one or more partners, but it also means having one or more councilors and/or advisors. When we think of a partner we think of a legal partner. A councilor can mean anyone who gives us advice, consultation, direction, or aid in the pursuit of a particular goal. It says that while working on a project alone is possible for a person it is much better for him to recruit as many “partners” as possible, to get more accomplished. Reading this chapter reminded and affirmed my plan to recruit several aids/councilors for the planning and logistics of this quest. I knew that I am going to need many volunteers for the actual even.

DEC. 4 2006 – As I was praying and talking with the Lord I realized that since Brad & Julie are the mission ministry leaders, then it only makes since to get their support of this project and since Brad has already told me that he’s not very keen on the idea of giving money to other churches then I need to make this event beneficial to New Life as well. I also have been wanting to do a chili cookoff at the rodeo grounds, so I thought that since we would be paying for the whole day at the rodeo grounds then we could hold a chili cookoff, with funds raised going to New Life Mission Ministry, in the afternoon and the concert that same night.

DEC. 18, 2006 - As I have finished reading Steven Scott’s book I thought I’d look through the book we studied last spring, God’s Plan for Prosperity. This book reminded me about the four types of giving and their importance; how tithes and first-fruits are motivated by obedience to God, Alms are given to man, not to God, and seed offering is done out of faith. That made me think about the profits from this concert/cookoff, instead of me taking any gain out of the profits, I need to give all the profits to God. So instead of me taking a cut, it’s all going to either the Juarez Relief or New Life Mission Ministry.

JAN. 3, 2007 – I asked God to guide our steps as we went through the day; I knew we had a lot to get done today. After praying and studying the Word I called Southgate Business Center to check on the prices for flyers and posters. Then I called the radio station to see about advertising on the AM station. Then we went to Hart’s to get information on the banners, like how much and how much time was needed to make them. I then went to a prayer meeting and talked to Letha and Harry about what I’m doing, and I left Letha a CO3 CD for her to listen to, I want Harry to be one of my advisors/councilors.

JAN. 4, 2007 – I have been working on this project everyday, some days 1 or 2 hours other days 5-8 hours, since I’ve started and each day I make some progress, even if it’s not real visible. Today I created the tickets or a draft for them, I edited the concert flyer, I edited the advertising budget and figured out what we’re going to need to sell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home